<!-- --><!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(http://beta.blogger.com/css/navbar/classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} .style {color: #414A48} </style> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/17645067?origin\x3dhttp://applied-introspection.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Sunday, October 30, 2005, 10:36 PM
 Thinking Aloud

Just bought Corrinne May's new album, "Safe In A Crazy World," when I booked out on Friday. My sister has told me many times that she's "better" than Norah Jones and I didn't believe her. Until I heard one of her songs while playing Winning Eleven 9 on PS2 at my upper study's bunk last week. I couldn't concentrate as the words were speaking to my heart. I felt she was singing to me... "Everything in its time, Alvin. You're safe in a crazy world."

Had a fun time at Wild Wild Wet with some of the Sojourners yesterday. I hope that we'll have more of this in the future. Keep it going guys! =) After sending Jeremiah, Ele and Aunty Lee Noi home, respectively, I went to J8 to have my dinner at the interchange Macs. While walking there, memories of me playing my song, "Amazed By You," at the interchange seats (they're still there) for the old gang. *Emo*

Then I went to look for a birthday gift for my Xiaomei. I had in mind to get her the same Corrinne May CD but I wondered if I was dumb buying the same CD again, within 2 days! So my feet took me to Life! Bookshop and I started to flip through girl books. The lady at the counter must have wondered what in the world was a guy doing reading girl books as she looked on. Thick-skinned-me went on to scan not 1 but 2 books! "Single Men Are Like Waffles; Single Women Are Like Spaghetti," and "The Battle Every Young Woman Has to Face." Okay, so 1 of the books wasn't a girl book, but it was found in the same section! Argh...

One thing I gleaned from the books, a common lie of the devil. That getting together with someone means that I'll be happy. The author pointed out that there are many couples who end up unhappy together. I know someone told me that before, but it hit me hard this time. I feel the questions of my heart are getting their answers slowly but surely. Thank You Daddy God.

Listening to Corrinne croon while typing this blog... And yes I got my Xiaomei the Corrinne May CD in the end. I hope she likes it. I feel the words will speak to her as it did me. =)

Chorus of "Everything In Its Time"

The river runs and the river hides
Out to the ocean and under the sky
I promise you, the answer will come
Hold on to patience and watch for the sign
Everything in its time

here i am
Praise the LORD.

Praise God in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty heavens.

Praise him for his acts of power;
praise him for his surpassing greatness.

Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
praise him with the harp and lyre,
praise him with tambourine and dancing,
praise him with the strings and flute,
praise him with the clash of cymbals,
praise him with resounding cymbals.

Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD.
(Psa 150:1-6)

this is me
Christ's life showed me how, and enabled me to do it. I identified myself completely with him. Indeed, I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, and I am no longer driven to impress God. Christ lives in me. The life you see me living is not "mine," but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (Gal 2:20 MSG)

connected through destiny
Precious Friends
Alvin Yap
Daniel Wong
Elton
Enrico
Samantha Khor
Serene
Shuying
Vincent
William

Sojourners
Sojourner Chronicles

Sojourners: Princesses
Alicia
Clara
Dee Dee
Lydia
Mango :)
Nana
Rena
Samantha
Serene
Shee
Valerie
Xiaomei
Xiaona

Sojourners: Princes
Aaron
Brandon
Christian
Jon²
Jon Ng Jr
Joshie
Nigel
Rayson
Timo

A Peek Into My Life
sheepazoid @ Zooomr
SheEp.aZOid @ Picasa Web
Red Ears Inc.

as far as the east is from the west

credit
Blog skin designed by kriss.