Wednesday, October 26, 2005, 12:14 PM
You SUPPLY All Good Things!
Shadow Of Your Wings by Hillsong
My spirit rests in You alone
You're all I know
Embrace and touch me
Like a child I'm safe in You
(Chorus)
You're my shelter through it all
You're my refuge and my strength
Lord I hide in the shadow of Your wings
My Lord You're faithful
You suppy all good things
You know completely
All my thoughts, my deepest need
Ever imagined God as a supplier? As in one who has a huge warehouse with many items, some of which you've never even seen and some others which you might never even use? Well, He has a whole store of "good things" and He's just waiting for the right moment or request to supply them to us! I can just see Him telling an angel, "Yes, please send this order of a friendly smile to Jamie's not-so-friendly teacher in the small town of Penang, Malaysia. Jamie hopes not to be intimidated everytime he goes for lessons. Oh, and could you please send through express? His lesson starts in 5 minutes!"
I was reminded of this song during a timely toilet break yesterday. I'll let you in on an open secret. I like to sing when I go to the toilet, especially if there's no one around! The resonance makes me feel that I'm a better singer than I actually am. Haha... Back to the song. The words of the song brings lots of comfort to me as it reminds me of all the attributes of God that I've forgotten through this trying season.
It says "my spirit rests in You alone, You're all I know." I need to find rest for this burdened soul of mine, it's time to move on but before that I need to recouperate and heal. And I'm like a child safe in my father's arms. He shelters me and gives me strength, He's One whom I can run to to hide and escape to whenever I just want to run away. Keeping in mind that I'm just resting and take a step preparing for the fight.
And in the 2nd verse is where I find the most assurance and comfort. It says, "My Lord You're FAITHFUL, You SUPPY all good things." Do I hear an "Amen!"? I must always remember that He's faithful, even though I may have been unfaithful and that He SUPPYS all the good things that I've longed for! And He does that knowing and understanding completely all my thoughts and my deepest needs! How could I forget that?
Lord, my heart, my hands, my feet, my mouth, my everything are meant for Your honour. Help me remember what I'm really here for and why I began running the race that I've been running. Amen.
here i am
Praise the LORD.
Praise God in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty heavens.
Praise him for his acts of power;
praise him for his surpassing greatness.
Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
praise him with the harp and lyre,
praise him with tambourine and dancing,
praise him with the strings and flute,
praise him with the clash of cymbals,
praise him with resounding cymbals.
Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD.
(Psa 150:1-6)
this is me
Christ's life showed me how, and enabled me to do it. I identified myself completely with him. Indeed, I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, and I am no longer driven to impress God. Christ lives in me. The life you see me living is not "mine," but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (Gal 2:20 MSG)
connected through destiny
as far as the east is from the west
credit
Blog skin designed by
kriss.