Tuesday, May 15, 2007, 11:29 PM
Good Things Come In Threes
Never thought that my birthday would be this celebrated this year. I was just intending to lie low and not invite very many friends to celebrate with me. Even going for a NUS camp on the actual day of my birthday was a slight effort in not making a big deal of my birthday. But to my amazement, I had not 1, but 3 surprises! I guess good things really do come in threes! :)
(Surprise 1 on 5 May 07 @ Bukit Timah)
Went out with my poly friends with the agenda of sending Nafisah off to an overseas exchange in America. But somehow, she didn't turn up. When I found out she wasn't coming I was asking myself, "Then why are we here?" Enter the latest arrival, Nicholas with an ice-cream cake in his hands. "Happy birthday to you..." *Shocked* Blur me never expected it. Especially since I haven't met the bunch in 5 months! :D
Attendees: Li Kim, Elton, Sin Boon, Serene, Terry, Jia Hui, Nicholas, William, Irene
(Surprise 2 on 8 May @ Bugis, Miss Clarity)
This one was even better. I met Chris and JK to go recce our end-year youth camp site in the afternoon. And after that, it was under the premise of going to Bugis to look for a present for my sister's birthday (which falls on the same day as mine) that we ended up there. After shopping for awhile and a suspiciously long stop browsing through comic books, we decided we were hungry enough to look for food. Among the places suggested was the deliciously expensive beef noodle place and this other unknown cafe, Miss Clarity. Walking with the two conspirators, we found ourselves at the entrance of Miss Clarity. I was reluctant to go in, still dreaming of my beef noodles when I heard the distinct sound of a birthday song. It was for me! The whole bunch of them were already at the cafe waiting for my arrival! *Gasp* I almost couldn't believe my eyes! What a pleasant surprise. :D Though if only I could delete all those videos of the shocked look I displayed while walking in... :P
Conspirators: Joanna, Grandotter, Christian, Xiaomei, Valerie, Nana, Sheela, Arun, Martin, Samuel, Jerry, Serene, Samantha, (I'm forgetting someone)
(Surprise 3 0n 10 May 07 @ PA East Coast Sailing Club)
And the third surprise was on my actual birthday during the NUS Sea Sports Camp. During the BBQ night, the organisers called out for all those having their birthdays in May to come out and celebrate. I don't know if the rest of the campers knew, but most of my group members knew that it was my birthday that day. :)
Group-mates: Yenxin, Mei Si, Xin Jia, Fione, Tianyu, Theodora, Yushu, Wenzhao, Jamie, Janice, Yin Teng, Asrie, Hakeem, Azha, Hui Xiang, Julie
No more surprises on 13 May 07 when my family went to Jumbo Seafood Restaurant at Serangoon Gardens Country club to celebrate my sister's and my birthday and mothers' day as well. If you're counting, that's FOUR cakes in total! My... Got to start running again... :P
Thanks to all those who messaged me and wished me a happy birthday: Uncle Jem, Anadee, My Sister (Linda), Alicia, Yenxin, Xiaomei, Nana, Lydia, Samantha, Shuying, Jolene, Pearly, Ventura, Elton, Zhiliang, JK, Mommy, Martin, William, Grandotter, Dillion, Sin Boon, Rayson, Uncle Paul, The Other Alvin, Ele, Zhe Yuan, Joel, Rena.
And finally, thank you all for making my 23rd birthday a most amazing and memorable one. I couldn't be more blessed to have friends like you. God bless! :)
here i am
Praise the LORD.
Praise God in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty heavens.
Praise him for his acts of power;
praise him for his surpassing greatness.
Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
praise him with the harp and lyre,
praise him with tambourine and dancing,
praise him with the strings and flute,
praise him with the clash of cymbals,
praise him with resounding cymbals.
Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD.
(Psa 150:1-6)
this is me
Christ's life showed me how, and enabled me to do it. I identified myself completely with him. Indeed, I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, and I am no longer driven to impress God. Christ lives in me. The life you see me living is not "mine," but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (Gal 2:20 MSG)
connected through destiny
as far as the east is from the west
credit
Blog skin designed by
kriss.