<!-- --><!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(http://beta.blogger.com/css/navbar/classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} .style {color: #414A48} </style> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/17645067?origin\x3dhttp://applied-introspection.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 12:25 AM
 NUS Sea Sports Camp 07

The camp was an eye opener and I just might have fallen in love! In love with sea sports that is. :P More specifically, wind surfing and wake boarding. Sailing is a little too mind boggling for me. How in the world do you time letting the boom swing over your head as you duck and coordinate switching sides of the boat with your buddy without capsizing it is something I want to know. And I think my arms are too weak for the paddling-intensive canoeing, so that one's out as well.

Wind surfing ain't as easy as it looks. The pros, or at least the more experienced, just jump onto the surf board, grab the rope, pull up the sail, all the while maintaining balance on the choppy sea water and off they go! I tell you, I must have fallen on every side of the board while trying to get up, balance, and pull up the stupid sail... I fell backward, sideways and even forward onto the sail! Talk about defeat and agony... But just before time was up, I finally managed to balance, hold the sail in position and actually wind surfed for that brief moment. It ain't as easy as it looks... I rest my case.

Wake boarding is a thrill, if you manage to even stand up on the board and switch to a sideways position. I must have drank a lot of sea water and have my nostrils flushed clean of mucus every time I hit the water faced down during my first attempts. Ugh... And holding onto the line while hitting the water isn't a good idea as well. It gets forcefully snatched from your hands and leaves you in pain and not feeling too good about yourself. I know, I did it... It wasn't until I had gotten up onto the boat again, rested a bit, watched the girls do a better job than me (it's proven, girls ARE better at wake boarding than guys, generally.) that I got my second attempt. I finally got up on the board and turned sideways for that cool wake boarder pose only to realise that my camera had ran out of batteries... Why didn't I charge it before the camp???

I would recommend this camp to anyone, any day! The feeling of doing something new, overcoming difficulties and conquering yourself is just amazing! :)

Canoeing; $20. Wind Surfing; $20. Wake Boarding; $30. Sailing; $30. Food; $20. The new friends and exciting experiences; priceless. There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there's MasterCard. :P

here i am
Praise the LORD.

Praise God in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty heavens.

Praise him for his acts of power;
praise him for his surpassing greatness.

Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
praise him with the harp and lyre,
praise him with tambourine and dancing,
praise him with the strings and flute,
praise him with the clash of cymbals,
praise him with resounding cymbals.

Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD.
(Psa 150:1-6)

this is me
Christ's life showed me how, and enabled me to do it. I identified myself completely with him. Indeed, I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, and I am no longer driven to impress God. Christ lives in me. The life you see me living is not "mine," but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (Gal 2:20 MSG)

connected through destiny
Precious Friends
Alvin Yap
Daniel Wong
Elton
Enrico
Samantha Khor
Serene
Shuying
Vincent
William

Sojourners
Sojourner Chronicles

Sojourners: Princesses
Alicia
Clara
Dee Dee
Lydia
Mango :)
Nana
Rena
Samantha
Serene
Shee
Valerie
Xiaomei
Xiaona

Sojourners: Princes
Aaron
Brandon
Christian
Jon²
Jon Ng Jr
Joshie
Nigel
Rayson
Timo

A Peek Into My Life
sheepazoid @ Zooomr
SheEp.aZOid @ Picasa Web
Red Ears Inc.

as far as the east is from the west

credit
Blog skin designed by kriss.