Tuesday, March 04, 2008, 10:25 PM
A Disturbing Conversation
Yesterday while I was at the local school book shop queuing up to pay for the usual dose of sugar (sweets) needed to power my bodily functions and satisfy my sweet tooth (okay, to satisfy my sweet teeth), I overheard a disturbing conversation. And I wasn't trying very hard to eavesdrop, they were just behind me and made no attempt to speak softly.
--
Girl: Oh, so you mean she's attached already?
Guy: Yes.
Girl: Is the guy a christian?
Guy: Yes, Christians usually get together with Christians.
Girl: Yah, I thought so too.
(At this point the conversation seemed somewhat encouraging that even non-Christians know of our standards.)
Guy: Yup, I don't see what's the big deal. Christians get together with Christians and they do non-christian things.
(Hey! Hold on a minute! I wanted to tell him otherwise but somewhere deep within I know it's true that some Christian couples do ungodly things.)
Girl: Isn't your girlfriend a christian too?
Guy: Yah, and she bugs me to go to church. It's like me pressuring her for sex. It's the same thing. Every time she asks me about church I ask her about sex.
(No way in heaven or in hell it's the same thing, at all!)
Guy: It's difficult because her church friends wants to meet me and I'm a non-christian.
Girl: Tell them you're an ex-christian lah.
Guy: That's worse! Being an ex-Christian to them is worse than being a non-Christian.
Girl: I see, then have you guys come to an agreement yet? Tell her not to ask you to go to church lah.
Guy: Yes, she agreed to stop asking me to go to church if I agreed to stop asking her for sex.
--
-_-" The deception of the devil runs deep into our culture, the next generation is the target. And even Christians are not spared from it. I was thinking to myself, that poor christian girl. She must be torn between her relationship with God and her relationship with this lousy guy.
Somewhere along the way, the testimonies of Christians have become weak because of compromise and the fallen are mislead into thinking that the church doesn't want them back because of its prejudices.
And notice the evil devices of the devil? "...she bugs me to go to church. It's like me pressuring her for sex. It's the same thing.", and "...she agreed to stop asking me to go to church if I agreed to stop asking her for sex.". It's DEFINITELY NOT the same thing, what a plain lie! And what bondage has this Christian girl become subject to because this guy believes in the devil's deception?
May God have mercy on us.
here i am
Praise the LORD.
Praise God in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty heavens.
Praise him for his acts of power;
praise him for his surpassing greatness.
Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
praise him with the harp and lyre,
praise him with tambourine and dancing,
praise him with the strings and flute,
praise him with the clash of cymbals,
praise him with resounding cymbals.
Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD.
(Psa 150:1-6)
this is me
Christ's life showed me how, and enabled me to do it. I identified myself completely with him. Indeed, I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, and I am no longer driven to impress God. Christ lives in me. The life you see me living is not "mine," but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (Gal 2:20 MSG)
connected through destiny
as far as the east is from the west
credit
Blog skin designed by
kriss.