Monday, March 17, 2008, 1:23 AM
You Can't Do It; Don't Even Try
"You can't do it; don't even try!" I think that's biggest lie of the devil that I have believed in. And for many years at that. Because of my belief in that lie, many excuses arose. Such as, "There are others better than me. Even if I tried, I'll never be as good as them." and, "Since there are others who are more capable, I don't need to rise up to the challenge."
If there was one regret I had in the army, I regret not putting in my best effort in my training as an officer cadet. How many times have my friends looked down on me because they thought I was less capable than them. They were probably right at that time. This mental image of myself as "Spiderman", a seemingly ordinary guy who jumps into action when called upon, has made me content with only rising up when there's no one else. What a lousy excuse for not fulfilling the potential that God has placed in me!
The devil also tells me, "You can't live without sinning, that's impossible. God will understand. Just continue with the way you are, you don't have to be so holy. See, look at the rest of these people, they get away with it, why not you?" Which is another way of saying, "You can't do it; don't even try!" I'll be damned if I give in to the devil's lies anymore! I've had it!
"The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it? (Jeremiah 17:9 NKJV)
"Don't be misled. Remember that you can't ignore God and get away with it. You will always reap what you sow! Those who live only to satisfy their own sinful desires will harvest the consequences of decay and death. But those who live to please the Spirit will harvest everlasting life from the Spirit." (Galatians 6:7-8 NLT)
"I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish." (Galatians 5:16-17 NKJV)
"as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance; but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, because it is written, "Be holy, for I am holy."" (1 Peter 1:14-16 NKJV)
God never asks us to do something that we cannot achieve through His Holy Spirit empowering us. So when He asks us to be holy as He is holy, He believes we can do it!
Yet it's at such times when I feel far away from God that I can distinctly feel His deep love for me as my Father. I listened to the lyrics of this song for the first time today. I want to be in His arms again...
--
Welcome Home (You)
(http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=960e11a1239352a47905)
Verse 1:
When I left home to be who I am
Some people said "No Way"
But I laid it all down
Gave everything
In my head rang
The words that my Father said
You're never far
I will be where you are
And when you come to Me
I will open My arms
Chorus:
Welcome Home, you
I know you by name
How do you do?
I shine because of you today
So come and sit down
Tell me how you are
I know son, it's good just to see your face
Verse 2:
When I look at you holding my heart
I will give to you all that I have
Son I know there'll be times
You will feel all aloneI will share with you
The words my father said
You're never far
I will be where you are
And when you come to me
You can bet I will open my arms
Bridge:
See I've been waiting for that day
Just to feel Your warm embrace
Your love has shown
I will never be alone
You will welcome me home
I'll forever be
You will say to me
Outro:
When I left home to be who I am
Some people said "No Way"
--
God, I don't want to be afraid anymore. I don't believe that I can't do it. I can do it with Your help! Dear Lord, please help me.
"One day without You near, is heartache I cannot bear." - Heaven, Hillsong Music Australia.
here i am
Praise the LORD.
Praise God in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty heavens.
Praise him for his acts of power;
praise him for his surpassing greatness.
Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
praise him with the harp and lyre,
praise him with tambourine and dancing,
praise him with the strings and flute,
praise him with the clash of cymbals,
praise him with resounding cymbals.
Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD.
(Psa 150:1-6)
this is me
Christ's life showed me how, and enabled me to do it. I identified myself completely with him. Indeed, I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, and I am no longer driven to impress God. Christ lives in me. The life you see me living is not "mine," but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (Gal 2:20 MSG)
connected through destiny
as far as the east is from the west
credit
Blog skin designed by
kriss.