Friday, May 09, 2008, 7:17 PM
What Do I Have If I Don't Have You, Jesus?
Today Ele introduced me (through e-mail) to a Christian girl on YouTube who has an amazing voice and a simple-but-very-nice guitar style. She does covers of Christian songs and has some of her own original works as well. While watching her videos, I came across this song that she covered called "Cry In My Heart" by Starfield. Oh my goodness! I had goosebumps when I first heard that song! There's something about this girl's heart of worship that inspires me. Thanks Ele! :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRL-pxEreyQ
--
Cry In My Heart
by Starfield
Verse:
There's a cry in my heart
For Your glory to fall
For Your presence to fill up my senses
There's a yearning again
A thirst for discipline
A hunger for things that are deeper
Pre-Chorus:
Could You take me beyond?
Could You carry me through?
If I open my heart
Could I go there with You?
For I've been here before
Yet I know there's still more
Oh, Lord, I need to know You
Chorus:
For what do I have
If I don't have You, Jesus?
What in this life
Could mean any more?
You are my Rock
You are my Glory
You are the Lifter of my head
Lifter of this head
here i am
Praise the LORD.
Praise God in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty heavens.
Praise him for his acts of power;
praise him for his surpassing greatness.
Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
praise him with the harp and lyre,
praise him with tambourine and dancing,
praise him with the strings and flute,
praise him with the clash of cymbals,
praise him with resounding cymbals.
Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD.
(Psa 150:1-6)
this is me
Christ's life showed me how, and enabled me to do it. I identified myself completely with him. Indeed, I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, and I am no longer driven to impress God. Christ lives in me. The life you see me living is not "mine," but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (Gal 2:20 MSG)
connected through destiny
as far as the east is from the west
credit
Blog skin designed by
kriss.