<!-- --><!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(http://beta.blogger.com/css/navbar/classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} .style {color: #414A48} </style> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/17645067?origin\x3dhttp://applied-introspection.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Monday, January 05, 2009, 2:02 AM
 1st Service of 2009

Managed to read the first chapter of the book that Uncle Ban gave me for Christmas called, "Wild Goose Chase" last night. At first when I first received the book I thought that Uncle Ban was trying to tell me, through the book, that I shouldn't be chasing after things that won't yield any spiritual significance. However, as I began to read the back cover of the book, I realised that "Wild Goose" was the name Celtic Christians used to refer to the Holy Spirit and within the book the author details how our walk with the Holy Spirit should be like an exciting adventure without certainties; a "Wild Goose Chase".

Went to church at 10am for the first service of the year. Mommy and I drove separate cars because she wanted to visit her elder sister after service. Uncle Ban shared about going beyond a superficial relationship with God where we ask Him to solve our problems or for protection or providence and moving toward really understanding the nature and character of God.

After service I had the privilege of having lunch with some of the Young Adult guys and girls from Sojourners + Debbie. They were nice enough to provide lunch and Matt lead in a hilarious ice-breaker where each one had to come up with an action and sound to represent themselves. Then the game started with everyone doing a "We Will Rock You" beat with their hands and laps while an individual tried to identify himself/herself and call someone else and stick to the beat. It was good fun! :) But the real treat of the whole meet-up was the sharing Matt gave us about unequally yoked relationships. It was like a lighthouse in the darkness yet filled with such authenticity that everyone could identify with Matt and his stories. Thank you Matt, you're a rare gem. Praise the Lord! :)

After that we had Servers meeting that lasted from 3:30pm to 6:30pm. This year is going to be exciting. :) After that Chris, JK, Val and I went to Yishun to have dinner at the Japanese food court again. This time there was a long queue at the stall that I order my Beef Patty Omelette Rice where I noticed that many people were ordering the same thing as I. How fascinating! We do bring the blessings of God wherever we go. :D

Then we went to JK's house to watch Kung Fu Panda. The rest watched the DVD as I dismantled JK's old CPU tower to retrieve the hard disk and tried to put it in her new computer but to no avail. It seems that the cables and ports used were different for the 2 computers so the hard disk wasn't compatible. I should be going to her house again to transfer the data from the old hard disk to the new computer through a USB device that my Dad has.

here i am
Praise the LORD.

Praise God in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty heavens.

Praise him for his acts of power;
praise him for his surpassing greatness.

Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
praise him with the harp and lyre,
praise him with tambourine and dancing,
praise him with the strings and flute,
praise him with the clash of cymbals,
praise him with resounding cymbals.

Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD.
(Psa 150:1-6)

this is me
Christ's life showed me how, and enabled me to do it. I identified myself completely with him. Indeed, I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, and I am no longer driven to impress God. Christ lives in me. The life you see me living is not "mine," but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (Gal 2:20 MSG)

connected through destiny
Precious Friends
Alvin Yap
Daniel Wong
Elton
Enrico
Samantha Khor
Serene
Shuying
Vincent
William

Sojourners
Sojourner Chronicles

Sojourners: Princesses
Alicia
Clara
Dee Dee
Lydia
Mango :)
Nana
Rena
Samantha
Serene
Shee
Valerie
Xiaomei
Xiaona

Sojourners: Princes
Aaron
Brandon
Christian
Jon²
Jon Ng Jr
Joshie
Nigel
Rayson
Timo

A Peek Into My Life
sheepazoid @ Zooomr
SheEp.aZOid @ Picasa Web
Red Ears Inc.

as far as the east is from the west

credit
Blog skin designed by kriss.