<!-- --><!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(http://beta.blogger.com/css/navbar/classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} .style {color: #414A48} </style> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/17645067?origin\x3dhttp://applied-introspection.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Friday, January 02, 2009, 11:59 PM
 Day 2 Of 2009

Argh, my body still aches all over because of yesterday's soccer kick-about. I thought only my legs would ache, didn't know that the rest of my body would ache as well... I'm getting old. :(

Anyway, got up today at around 10.45am and proceeded to clear my hand phone's SMS inbox by transferring the older SMSes to my laptop for archival purposes. But just before that, I was getting anxious over the lack of points and prerequisites for this semester's module bidding. Don't know why I always have to be stressed even before school reopens. Argh... Filed 2 appeals at one go. 1 to request that I be given the module even though I don't have enough points and the other to waive (Just in case some of you don't know, waive means to relinquish or do without. :P) the prerequisites for another module.

Appalling it was when I received the result of 1 of my appeals within just 2-3 hours. I was rejected and the reason read, "Please select other modules that have vacancies instead." I wondered if the person in-charge put any consideration into my appeal at all. According to Mango's advice, I resubmitted my appeal. This time I included the words, "I sincerely hope that you will put serious consideration into my appeal, this is about my future."

Fret I did and it showed when I was Skyping with Mango. [So sorry D, you had to see my semi-black face and listen to my silence. :( I do take your advice though sometimes I just need you to hear me out.] I don't know why I still put my security in things and not God. I know that He is in control and that He has my very best interest at heart, yet I still worry. Dear Lord, please forgive me. Help me to build up my faith in You. Consolation came in the form of the approval for my appeal to waive the prerequisites at 5pm.

Took a short nap and overslept a little. I was about 20 minutes late to meet Chris (Chris was later than me leh. :X), JK, Val and Xiaomei. [So sorry guys! My new year's resolution is still fresh in my heart and mind. I will endeavour to fulfill it this year! :/] Anyway, we had a good time sharing our hearts for the youth and the struggles we face, all the while encouraging each other.

Servers, I leave you with these...
1. Be proactive; Uncle Ban can't do everything himself.
2. Support each other; No one else will understand you better or be in a better position to stand up for you in ministry.
3. Pray together; A family that prays together, stays together.
4. Do what God wants you to do; Nothing more, nothing less.
5. Mentor the youth; Teach them to have tender hearts before the Lord.

Somehow I felt that God wants us not to focus on the peripherals (Fire fighting, tending to the symptoms and not the root, activities etc.) but focus more on the core of the ministry. It's called "Youth Ministry" for a reason and not "Issues Ministry" or "Activities Ministry". Lives. That's what's important to our dear heavenly Father. Who are we to pick and choose who to accept or love? Who are we to demand to be accepted or loved? While we were yet sinners, didn't Jesus Christ shower us with undeserved love, grace and acceptance? He loved us FIRST so that we could love Him! And we cannot love God without loving others.

J.O.Y. = Jesus, Others, Yourself.

here i am
Praise the LORD.

Praise God in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty heavens.

Praise him for his acts of power;
praise him for his surpassing greatness.

Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
praise him with the harp and lyre,
praise him with tambourine and dancing,
praise him with the strings and flute,
praise him with the clash of cymbals,
praise him with resounding cymbals.

Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD.
(Psa 150:1-6)

this is me
Christ's life showed me how, and enabled me to do it. I identified myself completely with him. Indeed, I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, and I am no longer driven to impress God. Christ lives in me. The life you see me living is not "mine," but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (Gal 2:20 MSG)

connected through destiny
Precious Friends
Alvin Yap
Daniel Wong
Elton
Enrico
Samantha Khor
Serene
Shuying
Vincent
William

Sojourners
Sojourner Chronicles

Sojourners: Princesses
Alicia
Clara
Dee Dee
Lydia
Mango :)
Nana
Rena
Samantha
Serene
Shee
Valerie
Xiaomei
Xiaona

Sojourners: Princes
Aaron
Brandon
Christian
Jon²
Jon Ng Jr
Joshie
Nigel
Rayson
Timo

A Peek Into My Life
sheepazoid @ Zooomr
SheEp.aZOid @ Picasa Web
Red Ears Inc.

as far as the east is from the west

credit
Blog skin designed by kriss.