Saturday, January 03, 2009, 11:02 PM
Day 3 of 2009
Somehow I was awoken in the middle of the night at around 6am with a burden to pray. For what or for whom I didn't know so I just prayed for whoever popped into my mind. Ended up praying in tongues for awhile and then I went back to sleep. This has not happened to me before. I wonder what God has on His mind.
I don't usually dream either. Or at least I don't remember what I dream when I awake. It only happens when my sleep is interrupted and I go back to sleep that I dream. Well, because I was awoken and I went back to sleep, I dreamt that I was in JC (Junior College)! -_-" I went to Singapore Polytechnic for those who don't know so this dream was pure fantasy. Maybe I had a secret ambition to go to a JC, huh? Weird. :X
Anyhow, I woke up at 10.30am and managed to catch D online before she went out for dinner! *Bliss* Talked with her for awhile through Skype but we didn't use video. (I just woke up so my hair was messy and my eyes were exceptionally small.)
Surfed the Net a little and checked on my module bids. Went out to buy back lunch after that so that I could eat and watch The Little Nyonya. I missed Friday's episode because I met the Servers for dinner. I initially wanted to ask my Mom to record it for me but it slipped my mind. What a pleasant surprise I received when my Mom asked if I wanted to watch a recording of it when I reached home. [Thanks Mom! You're the best! :)]
Just before I left for Naf's house warming I went online again for awhile and caught D when she returned home from dinner. She had to use the toilet and I had to leave so we only exchanged text through Skype. :/ But it's okay, I'll get to speak to her tomorrow.
Reached Naf's new place almost 25 minutes late [I know! :B] because I stopped at Thomson Plaza to buy chocolates to bring over to her place. Didn't feel good going there empty handed. Her new home is NICE! They even have their own recording studio in a special room upstairs! :) Besides that the house was nicely decorated and it had a warm homely feel to it. Stay around for about an hour and a half chatting with Weng Lock and Naf. Then it was off to Trinity Christian Centre for their 5pm Adult Service. The sermon was about possessing the abundant life that God has promised us, especially in times like these.
Left early to fetch my Sis, Bro-in-law and Mom to Clarke Quay. We went to a Cantonese herbal restaurant that used to be from Metropol Hotel to celebrate Mom's birthday. And I must say, the food there was VERY nice! Every dish had its own unique taste and flavour. We had an appetizer made of egg white (which had the texture and feel of custard) and dried scallops. Then we had herbal chicken which had just the right balance of herbs and tender meat that fell off the bones. After that we had cod fish with a deliciously refreshing sweet gravy made from rice wine. We also had healthy home made beancurd that was light to the taste. And then we had this unique dessert where you had to take sweet potato and yam that was coated in caramel and dip them into iced-water to achieve this cold solid caramel coating and warm soft sweet potato/yam on the inside. Right at the very end they served us with this complimentary herbal plum tea that eased our digestion and made us feel less bloated from the good food we had.
Happy brithday Mommy! :)
here i am
Praise the LORD.
Praise God in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty heavens.
Praise him for his acts of power;
praise him for his surpassing greatness.
Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
praise him with the harp and lyre,
praise him with tambourine and dancing,
praise him with the strings and flute,
praise him with the clash of cymbals,
praise him with resounding cymbals.
Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD.
(Psa 150:1-6)
this is me
Christ's life showed me how, and enabled me to do it. I identified myself completely with him. Indeed, I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, and I am no longer driven to impress God. Christ lives in me. The life you see me living is not "mine," but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (Gal 2:20 MSG)
connected through destiny
as far as the east is from the west
credit
Blog skin designed by
kriss.