<!-- --><!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(http://beta.blogger.com/css/navbar/classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} .style {color: #414A48} </style> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/17645067?origin\x3dhttp://applied-introspection.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Thursday, February 18, 2010, 9:50 AM
 Marriageable in Singapore

I've been told that it takes SGD$80,000 to get married in Singapore. I suppose that should mean a moderately luxurious wedding which includes a proposal ring with a huge shiny rock on it, a > 20 table wedding dinner at some famous hotel, and an expensive honeymoon to an exotic destination. Not to mention, a wedding gown to die for, the services of a professional photographer and the down payment for a HDB love-nest. Oh, don't forget: massive home renovations!

Hmm, now let's do some math. Suppose, by some miracle, I save $10,000 a year and I split the cost of the wedding 50-50 with my spouse. That would take me 4 YEARS to accumulate enough moo-lahs to be able to even begin the process of getting married??? And that is IF I save $10,000 a year! Ridiculous.

This actually bothered me quite a bit as I took my eyes off of Jesus and focused on my predicament. And just like Peter who took his eyes off of Jesus as he walked on stormy waters, I began to sink into it. Jesus probably heard my silent cries for rescue when He reached out to me and said, "You of little faith, why did you doubt?"

My future is secure in His hands. Of course I should be a good steward of the money that God has allowed me and save up for the future. But yet I have a distinct disdain for trusting in the produce of my own hands. I can plant, I can water and I can toil all I want to. But inevitably I will come to realise that growth comes from the Lord, not from me.

Jesus said that what the pagans run after, He will give to us. That is, if we seek first His kingdom and His righteousness.

(Matthew 6:32-34 AMP)
32For the Gentiles (heathen) wish for and crave and diligently seek all these things, and your heavenly Father knows well that you need them all.

33But seek (aim at and strive after) first of all His kingdom and His righteousness (His way of doing and being right), and then all these things taken together will be given you besides.

34So do not worry or be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will have worries and anxieties of its own. Sufficient for each day is its own trouble.

here i am
Praise the LORD.

Praise God in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty heavens.

Praise him for his acts of power;
praise him for his surpassing greatness.

Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
praise him with the harp and lyre,
praise him with tambourine and dancing,
praise him with the strings and flute,
praise him with the clash of cymbals,
praise him with resounding cymbals.

Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD.
(Psa 150:1-6)

this is me
Christ's life showed me how, and enabled me to do it. I identified myself completely with him. Indeed, I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, and I am no longer driven to impress God. Christ lives in me. The life you see me living is not "mine," but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (Gal 2:20 MSG)

connected through destiny
Precious Friends
Alvin Yap
Daniel Wong
Elton
Enrico
Samantha Khor
Serene
Shuying
Vincent
William

Sojourners
Sojourner Chronicles

Sojourners: Princesses
Alicia
Clara
Dee Dee
Lydia
Mango :)
Nana
Rena
Samantha
Serene
Shee
Valerie
Xiaomei
Xiaona

Sojourners: Princes
Aaron
Brandon
Christian
Jon²
Jon Ng Jr
Joshie
Nigel
Rayson
Timo

A Peek Into My Life
sheepazoid @ Zooomr
SheEp.aZOid @ Picasa Web
Red Ears Inc.

as far as the east is from the west

credit
Blog skin designed by kriss.