<!-- --><!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(http://beta.blogger.com/css/navbar/classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} .style {color: #414A48} </style> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/17645067?origin\x3dhttp://applied-introspection.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 11:30 AM
 A Path Less Travelled

I had a pleasant surprise just now at work. Worm called! All the way from Japan, imagine that! :D He asked if I was okay because he read several depressing posts on my blog. SO sweet right? Thanks bro, you are very much appreciated. :)

I guess God does show Himself at the times when you really need Him. Although, not always in the way you'd expect.

I was feeling a little down from the dinner with Jon, Martin and an old OCS friend on Monday night. I heard that my OCS platoon mates were still in contact albeit once in a long while, and I wondered why no one kept in contact with me? Maybe it was because I was transferred out of Platoon 3 to Platoon 1 during Pro-Term and didn't have time to build stronger friendships. Or perhaps it was because I was the one who didn't keep in contact with them.

That made me think back to my past failures at friendships.

On hindsight, even through the injustices and the discriminations, God still lead me all the way. If I hadn't been in Platoon 3, I wouldn't have gotten to know Rico and his passionate heart of worship.

And if I hadn't been in Platoon 1, I wouldn't have had the opportunity to experience winning a buddy over even though there were misunderstandings in the friendship. (On a side note, I witnessed his baptism on Christmas Day in 2009. And although I wasn't the one who brought him to Christ, I share in the joy of heaven. :D)

Even the 2 changes in my posting before leaving OCS brought me to a unit where I made good friends and had the opportunity to learn to play soccer a little better. Of course unit life was not without its fair share of trials and tribulations.

It is quite possible that the path God has lead and is leading me on, is a path less travelled.

here i am
Praise the LORD.

Praise God in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty heavens.

Praise him for his acts of power;
praise him for his surpassing greatness.

Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
praise him with the harp and lyre,
praise him with tambourine and dancing,
praise him with the strings and flute,
praise him with the clash of cymbals,
praise him with resounding cymbals.

Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD.
(Psa 150:1-6)

this is me
Christ's life showed me how, and enabled me to do it. I identified myself completely with him. Indeed, I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, and I am no longer driven to impress God. Christ lives in me. The life you see me living is not "mine," but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (Gal 2:20 MSG)

connected through destiny
Precious Friends
Alvin Yap
Daniel Wong
Elton
Enrico
Samantha Khor
Serene
Shuying
Vincent
William

Sojourners
Sojourner Chronicles

Sojourners: Princesses
Alicia
Clara
Dee Dee
Lydia
Mango :)
Nana
Rena
Samantha
Serene
Shee
Valerie
Xiaomei
Xiaona

Sojourners: Princes
Aaron
Brandon
Christian
Jon²
Jon Ng Jr
Joshie
Nigel
Rayson
Timo

A Peek Into My Life
sheepazoid @ Zooomr
SheEp.aZOid @ Picasa Web
Red Ears Inc.

as far as the east is from the west

credit
Blog skin designed by kriss.